Mod Op is a 360-degree, full-service advertising agency with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Portland, Dallas, Kansas City, and Panama City, Panama. We believe in teamwork, client collaboration, powerful storytelling, stunning design, and thoughtful problem-solving. We have a wide-array of capabilities and provide strategy, brand development, campaign ideation and production across all channels. Our clients represent a breadth of industries, and every project presents new and interesting challenges. We are committed to process, working smart and enjoying the work we do.
Mod Op is looking for an experienced Creative Director with the ability to lead all aspects of digital, broadcast, and brand design for several key accounts. While a strong design and art direction background is expected, our ideal candidate will also have a wide range of advertising experience with respect to brand development: campaign creative ideation, including copywriting, video production and editorial. From keeping the team on-point and on-brand, to defining and developing omnichannel campaigns, websites, collateral and other unique content, you will have a very hands-on role in the conception, creation, and execution of a wide variety of projects and campaigns, both big and small.
Internally, you will collaborate with account, creative, and media management to develop and recommend advertising which aligns with our clients’ marketing goals and objectives. Along with the account team, you will share responsibility for client management as well as maintaining creative quality and brand consistency across all touchpoints. Being a team leader and highly experienced also means you understand the importance of continuing to listen and learn from clients and colleagues, maintaining a positive outlook, and leading by example to inspire the team to great work.
- Self-starter who can get into the proverbial weeds and take a very hands-on approach to creative development across multiple media: design, illustration, copywriting, digital, print, video, presentations, etc; often under tight deadlines.
- Use an analytic and strategic approach to creative ideation, focused on alignment with our clients’ marketing and advertising objectives in the interest of developing effective and impactful creative design to drive an emotional connection with our clients’ target audience.
- Comfortable presenting strategy, campaigns, pitches and other creative ideation directly to client, along with client management as it relates to these efforts.
- Collaborate with other CDs and Account Directors at Mod Op to ensure work is elevated but always within schedule and budget parameters.
- Maintain and grow business by developing presentation materials and internal projects, and participating in client outreach and presentations. Mine both existing and new client relationships for growth. Seek out ways to expand opportunities for additional and mutually beneficial projects.
- Identify and manage new talent.
- Develop and manage content for both small-scale and large-scale projects, including strategy, digital and brand design, and technology.
- Supervise a cross-functional creative team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media managers, photographers/videographers/editors; and producers/account managers in the strategic and timely development of deliverables.
- Be highly organized, with the ability to prioritize work and resources across jobs based on short- and long-term needs, establishing achievable production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments as needed.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with your creative team, prioritizing strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives within proscribed budget.
- Review and approve art, copy, video and interactive work developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address goals and challenges.
- B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of agency experience
- Minimum 2-3 years as a Creative Director
- Advanced proficiency in Creative Suite
- Experience concepting, developing and managing creative for 360° campaigns
- Proven experience with design, branding, and storytelling
- Experience directing live action a plus
- Medical, dental and ancillary company sponsored benefits
- Company sponsored life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO benefit plus week off between Christmas and New Year's
- Professional development stipend
- Opportunity to travel between offices
- Talented coworkers and collaborative office culture
Please forward your resume to Carly DeBrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.